Monday, April 14, 2008

Sick and Tired, yet Hopeful (Obama & Hillary)

Watching news as I write. I am sick and tired of the hoopla between Hillary and Obama. Obama's words in a closed meeting were wrong and are wrong about the working class. Hillary's stories stretch the truth at times it seems and her comments about faith and guns are patronizing. Yet, It would be nice it they would take off the mouthy boxing gloves and step out of the ring of political verbiage and give speeches about issues that we seemingly need to process and focus on in America. I am not a Republican or Democratic. I am a person who looks at candidates websites, tries to know where they stand on issues of faith, family, values, less gov. or more gov. and make a somewhat healthy decision when voting. I have said things in meetings that were wrong and are wrong about people and I was wrong. There are times I may have stretched the truth and said things that are patronizing. In both cases I was WRONG. So are these candidates. When wrong, say, " I am sorry." There lies the hope. I am sorry. Words that can lead to repentance, correction, restoration and focus on healthy aspects of relationships. May you and I say, "I am sorry", seek to make needed change in our lives through the power of God and live in joy as we seek to honor God and live in Christ's health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine