Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Almost 24 Years Ago

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14

These verses became real to me in my early college years. I was asked to help lead a group of teens on a mission trip from north TX into the heart of Houston TX. We prepared for two months, traveled to Houston, worked in the inner city with young children and overcame many obstacles along the way. I do remember children accepting Christ. I do remember cleaning out areas that were trashed. I do remember walking children to their homes and noticing their home had no doors or windows where there should have been doors and windows. I do remember lives being changed. I do remember the above verses being the theme verses. That was almost 24 years ago. I thank God for "forward" as I briefly reminisce.

I am thankful that in God's grace I have the opportunity to continue to serve Him and see others learn to live in "forward". Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine