Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Joy In Your Accomplishments

Last week I sent out an email requesting that people reply with accomplishments that they think have been beneficial to them, others and possibly even the Kingdom of God. I read some of them in the service on Sunday, 4-20-08. The below a are few more responses.

How ironic you should send this out this week. One of my proudest accomplishments, besides my own children has been my wonderful Christian friendships I have forged over the last 20+ years of my adult life. Christian believers like Mike Whelan, whom I spoke to this week, have been a blessing to me. How wonderful it is that not only do we have common interests, but most importantly we have our Father that binds us together.


Hi, Steve,
How are you? One thing comes to mind for joy in family accomplishments - this happened a few weeks ago. My son (8 years old) was having a March of Dimes drive for his school. I explained to him what March of Dimes is and how it helps little babies who are born too early. I knew he had some money saved up, so asked him if he wanted to take $1 of his own money to donate. He said he would, so got out his money for me. He went back to eating breakfast and then out of the blue said, "One dollar isn't enough for those little babies. I want to give more." So, he went back to his wallet and pulled out a $10 bill. I asked him if he was sure and he said yes, that it was like helping the poor and how we need to help out other people. I was so proud of him and was overjoyed to see how he reached out to help someone else. This was a joy to me in that it let me know that I am raising my children to be aware of needs in the world and to take action to help. I can't think of a more rewarding accomplishment!


I have been thinking about this since you sent it to me and I think as far as accomplishments in this season of my life, it is the joy of getting up and out of bed every single day. During this illness there have been days that I have not been able to do that and days where I am not even up to changing clothes. I have asked God and thanked God for that opportunity and I find it is a great accomplishment and something I am not always guaranteed to do. I get up and study and pray and thank Him for it. You can use my name if you want; you know I am not shy.
I also think another accomplishment that I get joy from is encouraging my family to trust God and let him lead your life. Whether it is with my children, my daughters-in-law, or my nieces and nephews I think that God gave me the ability to speak with them frankly and encourage them to lean on Him.
Well, that is my story and I am sticking to it. Talk to me in a year and we will see what other accomplishments He has allowed me to complete. See you Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine