Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Remembering - A Life Prayer

One year ago today 33 lives were taken on the campus of VT. May we take some time throughout the day to remember and pray for the families who suffered loss for students and faculty at VT, and may we offer the following Life Prayer to God.

Our Father in heaven, how holy and pure is Your name. I am your servant. As I live for you today help me to live a pure and honorable live for You. May your Kingdom come, may your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. This day is your day. My life is a gift from You. I will live in Your love, goodness and hope today and will share your love with others. Give us today the food we need. Thank you Lord for your provisions. Thanks for my family, my home, my career, my income and the many other ways you have blessed me. I will give back to You and others. Forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. God, I recognize that I do not always live up to your holy ways and I a thankful for your forgiveness. Strengthen me so that I will not hold on to unforgiveness and hold on to grudges. May I live in grace, mercy, and joy. Don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one. I am your servant. Please protect me and help me make wise and Godly decisions today as I live for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine