Wednesday, January 28, 2009

1st Grade Teacher - Thank God

I have had recent correspondence with my brother, sister, mom and my first grade Teacher. Miss Schaffner was a Nethery family favorite at City View School in Wichita Falls, TX. I remember her being strict yet very nice. First grade was the best three years of my life (JK). I visited with my mom about her today. We both had very positive comments and memories. My brother and I do not remember many of our elementary teachers, but we remember Miss Schaffner. She came into contact with our family recently through my brothers website. Cool stuff. My sister and I corresponded with her just this week via email. She was kind, gracious and still a teacher. What a lady. While I was serving at First Baptist Church in Henrietta, TX Miss Schaffner had moved back into Henrietta and became a member of FBC. That was cool. I got to see her almost every weekend. Kept me on my toes because I did not want Miss Schaffner's paddle coming out for business. What fun. So cheers to Miss Schaffner-Teauge. Miss Schaffner, I apologize for not holding my pencil and pen properly while writing. You taught me the proper method, I just can't remember, but I can spell NETHERY.

"I thank my God every time I remember you." Philippians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine