Monday, September 15, 2008

For SCC - Myths We Believe About Relationships 9-14-08

MUTHBUSTERS continued this past Sunday. Below is a brief of Dr. Scott Salsman's (AKA - Salsa) message.

Myth: All my relationship problems are my spouses fault.
Truth: It takes two to Tango.

Myth: If our marriage takes hard work we must not be right for each other.
Truth: Marriage takes effort and work.

Myth: My spouse owes me (for all I do).
Truth: We are to be humble in our marriage and help one another.

Myth: My spouse can and should meet all my emotional needs.
Truth: That will not and cannot happen.

Myth: I shouldn't have to change the way I am to make our marriage work.
Truth: We all need to be changing and becoming more complete people.

Myth: My spouse should be like me.
Truth: We are different people. Men and Women are different and that is a good thing.

Scott used various Scripture throughout his message. The myths and truths can apply to all relationships not just in marriage. Scott used some thoughts from the following book. It is a fun and good read about marriage. Waffles and Spaghetti is just one resource from this couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine