Monday, September 17, 2007

For SCC - Living In 3D 9-16-07

We continued our stroll through the series Just Walk Across The Room this past Sunday and it was really cool to see all the movement during the service when Scott Salsman asked us to write down on a card someone who helped us take a next step in our faith walk with Christ and then bring the cards to the front and place them in a basket. An individual from the back was the first to come forward and then the crowd started moving from there seats to the front of the auditorium. I was able to watch from the back and see the encouraging smiles and glances as people came together in the isle or made eye contact with one another. It was a beautiful site to see people remembering those who touched their lives. I placed the names of my parents, Ed Lane, the pastor of the church I attended as a kid and the pastor who gave me my first shot at ministry, and Mark Foley, a man who mentored me and helped me grow in Christ in my early college years on my card. There was not enough room on my card to place other names nor enough time in the service so I listed them in a blog titled Next Steppers.

During the service Scott help us understand what we can do as we move outside of our comfort zone and move into the zone of the unknown. He spoke to us about living in 3D.
1. Develop Friendships
2. Discover Stories
3. Discern Next Steps
As we walk across rooms, streets, fields, and offices and begin to meet new people we can live in 3D and have an eternal impact on a friends life. My life was has been touched by people that practiced these three steps and yet I had no idea they were practicing these three steps. God worked through people who cared for me, sought to understand me and then helped me understand Christianity. You and I have the same wonderful opportunity to care for people, listen to them and introduce them to the God who loves them and desires to offer them hope and eternal life. As we think about Living In 3D this week my give thanks for those who lived in 3D for us and then begin to live in 3D for others. During the service Ruth Nethery sang a powerful song about sharing the love of God with others because we do not want to be without them in heaven. May our prayers, desires, and living be in tune with God as we seek to walk across rooms for His sake.
Dear God, Thank You for eternal life. Thank You for life. I want others to experience the hope that You have given to me. Open my heart up to You, help me learn to be clear and non- religious when I am visiting with others about Your love and hope. Open up their hearts and minds to Your life and love found in Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine