Monday, August 27, 2007

For SCC - Dying To Live 8-26-07

Sunday morning we ended our series "From One To Outrageous". Scott shared with us Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates his love for us in that while we were still sinning Christ died for us." Christ death brings us life. While preparing Salsa Scott explained that the death of Christ can be seen in all of life and that death does lead to life. In taking the Lord's supper we remembered how the death of Christ brings life. We remembered that eternal life and hope is derived from the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Christianity is about life. Becoming a follower of Christ is about death and life. In Luke 9:23 Jesus said, "If anyone wishes to come after Me he must deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow Me." Taking up the cross means dying to self and recognizing new life in Christ. In Galatians 2:20 the Apostle Paul, a follower of Christ, wrote, "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." Paul, a very educated and well travelled man understood and spent his life seeking to help others understand that death brings life. May you and I give some thought to the life that we gain because of the love of God and seek to help others enter into life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine