Monday, January 22, 2007

For SCC - 1.21.07 Forward: The Sequel to the Sequel

I do not know about you but I am looking forward to the upcoming weekend series called "proseuchomai". I am not sure on the pronunciation but I am looking forward to learning more and praying in a way that draws me closer to God and His Kingdom. I am also looking forward to having more prayers answered yes, because I am drawing closer to the heart of God.

I am also looking forward to the Super Bowl's commercials. I am looking forward to an afternoon meeting with a friend over a Latte. I am looking forward to seeing my family this evening. I attended a gathering of church planters (people who start local churches from scratch) this morn that I've been looking forward to for some time. This looking forward stuff is almost exciting.

This past Sunday we came to an end in our FORWARD series, but I sure hope we do not stop looking forward. Three steps forward, two steps back, one step forward. What is something you want to see happen in your life, family and SCC? Think about this and move forward. Step out of the boat and sink or maybe walk on water. Move forward. Yeeeeehaaaaw!

when you start moving forward in a very intentional and deliberate way you will face mountains. Mount Despair. Mount Discouragement. Mount Distraction. Mount Doom and Gloom. Mount _______________. The fact is mountains are a part of life. The fact is many people avoid mountains because they are in neutral which really is not neutral. So as you move forward and seek to overcome mountains keep in heart the following. Overcoming mountains is easier accomplished when you have mountain climbing and mountain moving people in your life. Overcoming mountains is easier when you live with purpose and live by faith.

Go forward. Set some God goals and go forward. When the mountains move into your path, quit. Stop. Turn around. Give up. Throw in the towel. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Go forward. Call a friend and receive a boost. Recall your purpose. Fan the Flame. Stoke the fire. Go to God. Muster "seed" through it and over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine