Tuesday, January 16, 2007

For SCC - 1-14-07 Forward: The Sequel

12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
15All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
Philippians 3:12-16

"Hello, my name is Gary." We all have a little or alot of Gary in us. May we not let this keep us from setting a few goals in our personal lives, family lives and in the life of Sunrise. What is something you want to see happen in your life, your family, this church? Give some thought and then action to that question. Can I make a very honest confession here. I mean can I be straight up honest. Okay, here goes. I like neutral. I Like comfortable. I like the remote control. I like the lounge chair. Whew, I hope you feel better because I sure do. BUT, and this BUT is important. I am not to remain in neutral. I was not created to live in neutral. neutral is neutral. Neutral isn't really even neutral. It is closer to reverse. Forward. I was created to move forward. I was created to live. Move forward and into love, joy, peace, patience.... Move forward in your Christian walk. Move forward in the Kingdom of God. Move forward in your relationships with your family. Move forward into new and godly ways of relating. Move forward in "treating others the way you want to be treated." Move forward. Move forward in your giving, inviting, and serving in SCC. Move forward.


Remember the boy who told the story of his Aunt Sara. Take a drink and move forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine