Monday, March 05, 2012

God's Guidance

There are many different ways to ask this question. You could ask: How can I, a mere mortal, ever discover what Almighty God wants me to do? Or you might wonder, how can I bring God into the reality of my daily life? Or you could go right to the bottomline: Where is God when I have to make a really tough decision? Or you could ask it this way: Does God still guide? In the moments of life when you have to make a tough decision, when you are in the woods with the two roads diverging in front of you, can you count on God to help you? Some years ago when I was in a desperate moment of my own life, I stumbled across Psalm 48:14, “This is God, our God foreverand ever. He will guide us forever.” I had lost my job and had no prospects on the horizon. I had a wife, three children, and a mortgage payment to make. When I desperately needed to know what God wanted me to do, this verse was precious to me. It sustained me in some dark moments when I wondered if I would be able to take care of my family. Out of that crucible I discovered that God does indeed guide his children.
Ray Pritchard, Discovery God's Will For Your Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine