Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gentleness And Self Control

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.  Proverbs 15:1
Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone. 
Proverbs 25:15

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  Matthew 11:29

By the meekness and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you...  II Corinthians 10:1a

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Ephesians 4:2

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Colossians 3:12

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...  I Peter 3:15
Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control.  Proverbs 25:28

But since we belong to the day, let us be self-control

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.  I Peter 1:13

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  I Peter 5:8




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine