Monday, November 17, 2008

For SCC - 11-16-08 A Formula For Frienships

We finished the Balancing Your Life series this past Sunday by looking at the importance of friendships. GLARE did a great job with the song "You've Got A Friend". I mean, they knocked it out of the park. Below is a brief of what Scott and I shared about friendships.

I. TYPES OF FRIENDSHIPS
Casual Friends
Close Friends

Fact: The closer I am to a person the greater impact they will have on my life.

II. DETERMINING MY CLOSEST FRIENDSHIPS
Avoid people who have chosen to be:
Lazy, Angry, Immoral, Greedy, Unbelieving.

Select close friends who will:
Stimulate me mentally.
Support me emotionally.
Strengthen me spiritually.

III. HOW TO BUILD FRIENDSHIPS
Become interested in other people.
Be a positive and cheerful person.
Learn to be a good listener.
Accept people unconditionally.
Be there for people in good times and tough times.
Be willing to share Jesus Christ with them.

I encouraged everyone in attendance to call a friend this week and leave a voice mail or speak with them personally and shower them with positive and encouraging words about themselves. It would be best to leave a voice mail so they can listen to it numerous times. We like to be encouraged, so give a good word to a friend this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine