Thursday, November 06, 2008

Change

On my drive to and from the office complex I travel a road that is narrow and lined with trees on both sides. The trees are in full Fall colors and are beautiful. The brief drive is energizing due to the colors. When I arrive and park I look across a large piece of land that is back dropped by beautiful colors due to the Autumn weather. I sometimes sit just a few seconds and gaze out at the colors and breath a, "Wow". In the office I use I see pretty colors of nature outside the office window. I have recently been opening the office window just a bit to experience the north breeze and the smell of Fall. My wife and I just recently visited about the color of the leaves and how pretty it is this year.

Fall is pretty in my zip code. The trees changing colors is beautiful and makes for some good driving conversation. It leads me to think some about changing seasons which in turn leads to pondering about personal change and growth. As I think on this I realize I am all for YOU changing and becoming a better person, a more giving person, a person that I might like, and a person who realizes just how sharp I am. I mean, I am all for YOU changing. But me changing and making personal changes, now that is another story. Really, I do think about personal changes that I need to make want to make and grow towards. Below are some of the changes I think about for Steve Nethery.


I want to become less reactive and more responsive with my words.
I want to be a better listener.
I want to be a better public speaker/communicator.
I want to be more disciplined in my thought pattern and more optimistic in my thoughts.
I want to become more aware of what God is doing internationally.
I want to become more "Eternally Bound."
I want to... the list goes on.

Change. What are you seeking to personally change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine