Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Obituaries This Morn

This morning I read the Obituaries section of the paper which for me is a rare reading. Even reading the paper is a rare thing for me. Skimming the paper is reading the paper in my life. The Obituaries section jumped out at me this morn because as of late I have been thinking about eternal life. As I read the Obis (my short for Obituaries) I noted dates, nice people, individuals who will be missed, some organizations in which people belonged, hopes for a good eternity and when and where the services would be held. I did not see anything about when a person accepted Jesus Christ by faith, security of eternal life, how someone else might accept Jesus Christ and have eternal hope, and the hope that is real because of god's love for us. I am aware that the Obis are written in times of grief and that wording an Obi is an important part of honoring the deceased and the family of the deceased. I am aware of this because I have done numerous funerals as a minister and because have had a sister, father, uncle and aunts and grandparents pass away. Loss of a loved one is a time of sorrow, memories and gathering. It can also be a time of hope. Hope in the fact that a loved one is in Heaven because of Jesus Christ and the loved ones decision to accept God's love while living life on earth. Hope because eternity is a beautiful aspect of life in Christ. Hope because the family realizes that life on earth does end, but eternity never does. Hope. I know today that I have eternal hope because of Jesus Christ. You can also know if you will trust Jesus Christ and give your life to Him. A Wonderful Story Of Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine