Monday, March 31, 2008

Praying for others

This past week and weekend I was able to visit with people that I rarely see and yet have prayed for and served Jesus Christ with them for a good while. One was a college student at VT. She is an active part of SCC when she is in the Hampton Roads area and is missed by the music team and her family when she is at VT. She took some time from her full day at VT and gave my family a brief tour of VT so my daughter could get a feel for the campus. She is a blessing to my wife, SCC and my daughter. It is a joy to serve JC with this college student even though we are miles apart.
The other is a young man whom I've known for 12 or 13 years. He was an active part of a Student Ministry that I led in Chesapeake and I had the opportunity to serve with him on Summer Mission Trips. He and his family were instrumental in helping start Sunrise. He is a VT grad and has been and is an active part of a church that is sharing the Gospel at VT. He is soon moving to northern VA to begin a new phase of life and ministry. It is a joy to have helped this young man grow in Christ and serve JC with him even though we are miles apart.
Sunday evening my family, minus my daughter, had dinner with a couple and their two teens. This family was a part of Sunrise after we launched and SCC had the joy of baptizing them and serving with them. They now live in GA and are active in a church where they live. They are awesome people who are gracious and fun to be around. They bring joy to people. Their children are fun loving, kind and talented. Much like their parents. It is a joy to serve JC with these people even though we are miles apart.
These are people I have prayed for and served with for a good number of years. I remember them with joy in my heart and thank God for them as we continue to serve JC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine