Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I've Decided

I've decided... This is part of Philippians 1:18 found in The Message by Eugene Peterson. You can go to http://www.biblegateway.com/ and read Philippians 1 at your convenience.

I began the year 2008 reading through and through Psalm 34 for my personal Scripture reading time. A few weeks ago I started reading through Philippians for my personal reading and for message preparation because the church I pastor is beginning a series in Philippians in late March. This morning as I was reading this phrase jumped off the screen and into my mind and heart. I will seek to see to it that it jumps into my everyday life.
I've decided...
The author of this letter is writing from a difficult place and has faced some difficult circumstances and yet he decides to live in joy, cheering people on (even those who may want to hurt him), and deciding to see the positive aspect of life because of the hope he has in Jesus Christ and because he knows that Jesus Christ changed his life and is the only way for people to enter into heaven and experience real life, joy, meaning and purpose.

I've decided...
In this chapter of the book of Philippians it is clear that Paul is deciding to choose the joyful side of life and choosing to live for Jesus Christ. He decides.

I've decided...
Today. Well, at least for this morning I am deciding to live in Jesus and choose joy. I will realize that God's hope is real and joy is the place I want to dwell. I will decide to live for Jesus Christ and help others experience Jesus Christ today because He is the only way for a person to enter into heaven and only He brings true meaning, purpose and joy to life. I've decided to honor Jesus Christ and others today. I've decided to lift Christ up today in personal praise and worship. I decided God's Kingdom is my dwelling place and that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine