Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Over the past couple of weeks I have had numerous opportunities to pray with people over the phone or after meeting with them personally. It has been a charge for me and them. A simple and short time of praying together. The prayers consisted of thanksgiving, confession, asking, praying for others, specific request and general request. During these times there was even some silence (weird). Not really. We did not try to impress one another because we know each other to well and any "fake prayer stuff" would have been noticed real quick. We were able to pray big which I noticed led to praying humbly and realizing just who is God, and it was not those praying. At one time I prayed while on the cell phone with another guy while he was on his cell and we were both driving. That is dangerous prayer. Not for those praying but for those in vehicles near those who are praying. It was a little strange bowing my head and closing my eyes in order to pray while driving at light speed. God guided. Really, if you pray while you drive please keep your head up and your eyes open. These short and simple prayer times boosted my personal prayer time and have helped me "Be still and know that God is God and that He will be exalted among the peoples or nations" (Psalm 46:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine