Sunday, December 31, 2006

For SCC - remember 12.31.06

Good looking group. The photographer needs to learn how to use the camera. Why do we take pictures? Oh yea, to remember. As we move into a new year may we remember Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not just the days, but the meaning of the days. I have found it interesting and puzzling how quick we forget. We celebrate Thanksgiving Day and then move into Black Friday, and after eating left overs for a couple of days we kinda, not on purpose, forget Thanksgiving. We buy gifts, attend parties, listen to Christmas music, exchange gifts, eat, and move on to the 26th. The real(we think) world of work, bills, concerns, traffic, and clean up kick in and we catch a little of the "Ba Hum Bug" virus and forget. Not intentionally of course.

"How was your Thanksgiving?" "Good." Move on. "How was your Christmas?" "Great." Move on. "Happy New Year." Move on. Don't get me wrong I am all for moving on, but let's move on with hearts that are thankful and in the spirit of Christ-Mass(Worship) AKA Christmas.

remember

23For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.
I Corinthians 11:23-26

As '06 comes to a close. Remember Jesus Christ. As '07 begins. Move on in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine