Monday, August 15, 2016

His Choice - God In and Through You

Devotion from Tony Dungy, UNCOMMON LIFE.
His Choice
You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. John 15:16
 
One thing I’m sure of: we’re not going to get the whole debate about predestination and free will cleared up until the day we see the Lord face-to face.
And another thing I’m sure of: no matter how the end times are designed and unfolded by Him, God is in control of everything. Doesn’t that take much of the pressure off? We are not heading out alone. We are called by Christ to make disciples of all nations, but it’s not all up to us. Maybe someone accepts Christ and is assured of eternal salvation through my invitation, nudging, or personal testimony. Or maybe I am the catalyst for that person’s decision for Christ through my example of Bible study, prayer, or other actions. Maybe I simply encourage someone along the way who is struggling with issues in his or her life and faith.
But the remarkable fact is that God chose us. He isn’t surprised by what happened to us, and He won’t be surprised by what might happen to other through us. We are to make the most of our opportunities, to grow and stretch in our faith, and to influence others to come to Christ. And in all of that, we are to trust God, guided by His Word, to not only be there as we walk through doors He is opening, but to realize that He is leading us through and encouraging us along the way.
As Isaiah 55:11 says, “It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.”
God’s Word is what is producing the fruit through the Holy Spirit, not our efforts. We are called to be God’s messengers, God’s ambassadors, while we are here. We are not called to be God. But He will use our humble efforts for good – His eternal good.
 
Uncommon Key > What can you – through God’s power – do to bless others and impact them today?
 
Tyrone R. Lawton
"As iron sharpens iron ...so does one man sharpens another"                                                                      Prov. 27:17

My friend and fellow follower of Jesus Christ sends out a reading every Monday morning to many men. Thank you Tyrone for following God's lead and taking action in obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine