Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Too Busy To Pray


Too Busy to Pray
Often when you fail to pray, you say it’s because you’re so busy. But in reality, it’s not your schedule that keeps you from praying. It’s your failure to realize the importance of prayer and make the time to pray.
And instead of relying upon the power of prayer in all that you do, you turn to your feeble wisdom and energy. You roll up your sleeves and get busy, turning to your own power instead of God’s.
If your life is so busy you can’t pray, have you ever considered it’s because you haven’t taken the time to ask God for help with your priorities? Turn to Him, and He will give you discernment that enables you to use your time well so that you are able to pray.

Prayer:
God show me-what have I prioritized above my time with You? What have I depended on instead of You? Help me assess my priorities today and keep prayer at the top of the list. Amen

 
Tyrone R. Lawton
As iron sharpens iron ...so does one man
sharpens another.                                                     
Prov. 27:17

My friend reads these devotionals and sends one out via email on Mondays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine