Monday, February 16, 2015

A Place - Yes!

The lyrics below were went to me by a fellow follower of the Way who is well read, intellgent, thoughtful, gracious and growing in Holiness. He is a saint of God. He is making disciples and is seeking to love God and love others as he loves himself. Thanks for sending this my way.  THANKS.

If this is not the place where tears are understood,
Then where shall I go to cry?
And if this is not the place where my spirit can take wings,
Then where shall I go to fly?

I don’t need another place for trying to impress you
With just how good and virtuous I am, no, no, no.
I don’t need another place for always being on top of things
Everybody knows that it’s a sham.
I don’t need another place for always wearing smiles
Even though that’s not the way I feel.
I don’t need another place to mouth the same old platitudes
Everybody knows that it’s not real.

So if this is not a place where my questions can be asked.
Then where shall I go to seek?
And if this is not a place where my heart cry can be heard,
Where, tell me where, shall I go to speak?

So if this is not a place where tears are understood,
Where shall I go, where shall I go to fly?

If This Is Not a Place,  song by Ken Medema

An Interview with Ken and Homiletics Online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine