Friday, April 20, 2012

Away For A While - I Am Back

I am back.  The week before Easter Sunday I was in TX because a relative passed away. It was a sad yet enjoyable time because I was able to see many relatives.  Arrived home Easter Weekend which was awesome. Thank God that Easter is much more than a Sunday for those of us who are followers of the Way.  My wife and I traveled to D.C. to see our Daughter and then to Annapolis to see relatives on her side of the family.  We had a great time with our daughter and playing catch up in Annapolis was as sweet as the cinnamon rolls baked for a late breakfast.  Upon returning to Chesapeake I entered a surgical room to have my knee worked on for the fifth time in my life.  Joy!  Actually I am thankful for health care, surgeons, hospitals, nurses and relief. Last week I was laid up in recovery. This week has flown by and I am slowly but surely back at it.  So, I am back, somewhat.  Some thoughts from the past 20 days.
Life is short. Love your family even when you may not like your family.
Make decisions that bless others and lead to beautiful memories.
If you are alive today - LIVE!
Eternal life is a gift - share it with others.
Life is hard. It is even harder when you are stupid. - John Wayne
Be smart. No, be wise.
Easter is LIFE.
The church I serve in is awesome - the people are the church.
Jesus Christ is Lord.
We oft allow guilt, grudges, grief and greed to rob us of the LIFE God bestows.
Move out of the above and into God = LIFE.
Do not make decisions based on fear.
Faith is an exciting venture. Scary at times, but always heart pounding.
I am privileged to have great health care in America.
God really can heal.
Pain is a sorrowful part of life, yet God can be glorified in our lives via pain.
My pain is no greater than your pain, vice versa.
Quit comparing.
Quit complaining, LIVE!
TX has some beautiful sky. I mean BEEE AAAA UUUU TI FUL.
I am becoming a Virginian. That is weird but good.
Virginia is green and the ocean is awesome.
My son and daughter are handsome and beautiful way beyond the skin. I mean in a deep way.
My wife loves me more than I can really know.
I miss my family, yet God provides when we come together.
My brothers family in Austin is absolutely gorgeous.
My nieces are smart, edgy, and cute as can be. Children are so much fun.
Terri and Ed, sister and brother-in-law, are very gracious.
The Coverts are... no word can describe. WOW!  Birds....  LOL. They will get it.
God heals and heals and heals and heals and heals. You get the point.
My dear friend, Jeff Gross, is smart and thoughtful. I need that.
Thursday afternoons are profitable.
I AM GRATEFUL!!!

That is only a few of the thoughts from the past 20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine