Tuesday, August 05, 2008

For SCC - Simmer Down Now!! 8-3-08

A new weekend series began this past weekend. The series is "From One To Outrageous: Learn and Live One Verse, Expect and Experience Outrageous Results". Sunday, 8-3-08 We looked at Psalm 46:10 "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Below are some other translations of this verse:
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything.

Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!

Our God says, "Calm down,
and learn that I am God!
All nations on earth
will honor me."

Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.

Be still - stop, cease, quiet down, simmer down, gear down, calm yourself, take a "time out"
and know - understand, comprehend, experience first hand, learn, take a long look, research, examine.
that I am God - God is God, He is in control, He is working, providing, caring, forgiving and renewing.

I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth - God will be recognized by all.

3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. 5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. 6 Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. 7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, 8 he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. 9 Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:3-11 New Living Translation


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine