Monday, June 23, 2008

This is God Stuff

The following is taken from an email sent to me and some other pastors who meet together occasionally for encouragement and leadership growth from a fellow pastor in VA. This man is a blessing to me and many others.

Just a quick testimony that God has been moving in my life in a powerful way the past several weeks. I have been experiencing a personal revival and a new since of closeness to God.

At our VBS commencement I always offer an invitation for people to follow Christ. I teach the final lesson = serving Christ & offered an invitation. As I asked people (children) to close their eyes & bow their heads. I asked if they would like to follow Christ to raise their hands. Many, many hands went up. I asked them to repeat the sinners prayer with me. There were many voices praying out loud! I was overwhelmed at the tremendous number & loudness of the prayers. Then I asked if you raised your hand or prayed for Jesus to come into your heart to come forward. There must have been about 30 - 40 children come forward!

Now I know many were following the crowd & entire rows of children came forward & many were not sure or understand what they were doing. So since we were having a meal (picnic) to follow I asked the children to talk with their parents & give me their name, address & phone number & I would be in touch with them & follow up. I had never been a part of such a mass outward moving of the Holy Spirit in which so many responded. I have lots of work ahead of me. I am looking forward to a very fruitful children's ministry in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine