Sunday, November 19, 2006

For SCC - 11.19.06 My Bag Is Full

What are you thankful for? Thanks for participating in "Thanksgiving Lane" this past Sunday. As you share with others from your thankful heart it touches their lives and moves them closer to God. May our water cooler conversations be seasoned with gratitude this week.

Thanks to Steve Gabriele, Marcus Dulin, Ruth Nethery and GLARE for leading us to remember that our bags are full. Thanks to those who serve in the Children's Ministry and Student Ministry. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

This past Sunday The stage looked great with bags full of groceries. Thanks for bringing in the goods. We have moved close to the halfway mark of meeting our goal for the items to be given to the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia. Way to go. As you are buying groceries this week for Thanksgiving Day please spend a few extra dollars and purchase a few more items for the Foodbank.

Steve Gabriele brought a good word to us about "Our Bags Being Full". As we move very close to Thanksgiving Day may we keep in mind "Full Bags". Share your cookies this week. Be the "1 out of the 10". Look up Luke 17:11-19 in the Bible. Be the 1. Good stuff.

Dear God, Help me count my blessings. Help me approach you with a thankful heart. Continue to bring restoration. I often see my cup half-empty. I do not want that view or perspective. I desire to live in gratitude and grace. Thanks for leading me down the path of thanks. help me to follow.

FYI: Keep in mind the Season of Compassion. Purchase you pre-ordered T's. Looking forward to the Spirit of Norfolk.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shine